Qtum Logo
Qtum QTUM

Rank #178

$ 3.23 -0.78%

Qtum Price (QTUM)

Qtum to USD Price Chart

Qtum Statistics

Market Rank #178
Market Cap $ 339.3M
Volume 24h $ 26.4M
Circ. Supply 105.0M
Total Supply 107.8M
Max Supply ?

What is the current price of Qtum (QTUM)?

The current price of Qtum (QTUM) is $ 3.23. Over the past 24 hours, the price has decreased by -0.78%.

What exactly is Qtum?

Qtum is a unique cryptocurrency that represents a decentralized and open-source smart contracts platform and value transfer protocol. Based on a Bitcoin core fork, the Qtum project merges the stability and simplicity of Bitcoin with the innovative potential of Ethereum, giving us a cryptocurrency that can execute smart contracts and decentralized applications. With a proof-of-stake consensus, node operators are directly rewarded for validating transactions, promoting a proactive and involved community.

Who created Qtum?

The Qtum project is a hybrid of Bitcoin and Ethereum, and thus, its team is composed of members from both these cryptocurrency communities. Key members of the team include Patrick Dai (Project Co-Founder), Neil Mahi (Chief Blockchain Architect/Co-Founder), and Jordan Earls (Lead Developer/Co-Founder). Furthermore, the project is backed by several highly prominent members of the blockchain community, like Anthony Di Iorio, Xu Star, Bo Shen, David Lee, Jehan Chu, and Roger Ver.

How exactly does Qtum operate?

Qtum operates using Bitcoin's UTXO transaction model with a Turing-complete blockchain stack. It has the ability to execute smart contracts and decentralized applications, just like the Ethereum blockchain. The platform employs the Proof-of-Stake consensus algorithm, meaning node validation gets rewarded, stimulating community participation.

What sets Qtum apart?

What is unique about Qtum is its combination of the foundation of Bitcoin with the functionality of Ethereum. This creates a highly functional and efficient system. Moreover, it provides a robust blockchain stack capable of executing smart contracts and decentralized applications. Qtum is also attractive due to its DGP governed blockchain, where the community participants have voting rights on certain network parameters changes.

How successful was Qtum’s initial coin offering?

Qtum sold over 10 million dollars’ worth of its tokens after only 90 minutes, eventually raising a total value of $15.7 million in an incredibly short time span of just five days. In Qtum’s whitepaper, it was mentioned that 51% of the coins were distributed to the public via the crowdfunding campaign. The remaining 49% were allocated as community incentives and to the early backers and development team.

What is the total and circulating supply of Qtum (QTUM)?

The total supply of Qtum is 107.8M, and the circulating supply is currently at 105.0M.

Which are the exchanges where Qtum (QTUM) can be bought?

Qtum (QTUM) can be purchased on the following exchanges: Binance, BitMax, LBank, Bitbank. Please make sure to rely only on these platforms to ensure safe transactions.

Crypto Pro - Crypto Tracker

Try our Crypto Pro app

Live Prices, Widgets, Alerts, Portfolio, Apple Watch app